• Valid passport and photocopy of passport.
• Airline tickets and program itinerary
• Cash (minimum $300), credit card (visa is recommended)
• Comfortable hiking shoe for visit of the Kasbah in Ait Ben Haddou
• 1 pair of mid weight hiking socks
• Spare contact lenses or prescription glasses. Make sure you have glasses along if you regularly wear contact lens.
• Biodegradable soap/shampoo, wet wipes, tooth brush, tooth paste, etc.
• Light towel
• Sun screen min. SPF 30 and lip balm
• Sun Hat / Cap with brim
• Sunglasses, with a securing strap/string
• Light gloves e.g. fleece or windstopper.
• Bathing suit (for lodges and hotel)
• Clothing and shoes for restaurants
Personal First Aid Kit
• Advil/ Aspirin / Tylenol / Ibuprofen
• Diarrhea (Imodium)
• Antibiotic (Cipro) (consult your physician – prescription required)
• Gastrointestinal medication (Pepto Bismol)
• Band aids, sterile gauze pads, porous adhesive tape, bandages, blister pads(Moleskin or similar)
• Flu and cold medication, throat lozenges and nasal decongestant
• Insect repellent
• Instant hand sanitizer (Purell®)
• Camera/Memory cards, batteries.
• Small binoculars
• Small notebook (like Moleskin) & pencil
• Money pouch (with drawstring to hang over your neck)
• Plug adapter and current converter: Morocco’s electrical current is 220 volts AC 60 cycles. However, special travel adapters can be purchased to enable all normal plugs to fit all mains sockets.
• Arabic phrasebook (see Vocabulary)
Learn more about Morocco: